- 1 in 5 adults will experience mental illness this year.
- Show that you care about mental health.
The month of October is Mental Health Awareness month. Specifically, the second week of October provides a designated week to highlight mental health across the country, raising awareness and fighting the stigma associated with it. It?? our job as mental health providers to educate others and advocate for those around us who are struggling!
World Mental Health Day is October 10th, 2019. The objective of the World Health Organization is to raise awareness of mental health issues around the world and mobilize efforts in support of mental health. According to the World Health Organization website, ??he day provides an opportunity for all stakeholders working on mental health issues to talk about their work, and what more needs to be done to make mental health care a reality for people worldwide.??/p>
One of our close partners, NeuroStar, will be doing just that??ncreasing awareness! NeuroStar will be running a national television campaign beginning on October 1st and concluding on October 12th.
NeuroStar reminds us during this campaign to:
- Return calls to potential patients within minutes, not days.
- Schedule enough staff to manage phone calls, email/website inquiries, and intake.
- Be sure that your Physician Locator profile is up-to-date and includes your practice logo. Your local NeuroStar Clinical & Practice Consultant can help if you need it.
- Include information on your website about NeuroStar.
- Reach out to your referring physicians to let them know they may receive more inquiries than usual about NeuroStar Advanced Therapy.
Please do your part during this campaign and make sure you are diligently answering your phones and sending ALL inquiries to www.tmssolution.com/office so we can give the patients the care they deserve.
Please let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for you hard work, everyone??appy Mental Health Awareness Week!